Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Photographs of the legends.

I remember seeing a black and white photo hanging on a garage wall, racecar drivers face, grease marks, red shop rag in mouth, sunglasses and a dirty hat - it was the king R. Petty.
I remember seeing pics of a guy named A.J. - tight open face helmet, goggle marks for wrinkles, dirty cheeks.
I think of the first Dale with the helmet, microphone, dark bubble goggles, smirk under the moustache. (no, it wasn't Tom Selleck.)
It's those photgraphs that put a long lasting memory of what a racecar driver looks like in front of the camera. At least until now. I've cleared the memory bank and made room for a new driver gallery in my mind. Go ahead, have a look for yourself.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2008_swimsuit/danica-patrick/index2.html

Now that's a racecar driver!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For all the guys who kept saying "she's gotta be hiding a pair down there"...

Guess not.

Wow!