Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm seeing Red!

No, I'm not ticked off, I'm talking about color. What is it with red that makes things fast? My first red car was an IROC-Z. Wow, now there's an inside to my secret past. Camaro, Trans Am and Mullets all go in the same bag.

My first Banshee was blue but the one I am happy to ride now is red. Red is fast always has been always will be. Unless your name is Red. Then your best off and safer in a red wagon.

All joking aside, I recently noticed that the big four mfg in ATV industry all seem to agree and include red in their branding. When I think Honda, I see red. But when I think Yamaha, I see blue. Suzuki, yellow. Kawasaki, green. Then why would they all have red in their badge of color.

Because red is fast!


4 comments:

Ho said...

I don't know if I'd count out the red-headed folks on speed. Tim Ferry, Trey Canard, Ryan Villopoto, and (of course) Ricky Carmichael all prove that it's not wise to bet against the ginger.

Lonnie said...

might also explain the phrase "red of the head fire in the hole"

Ken Snider said...

I don't think I said R'heads weren't fast. Just guys and gals named Red. Knew a gal named Rusty back in the day. Scarey!

Ho said...

Ah. You are 100% correct Ken. My mistake. And to further confirm that theory... Red Sovine. NOT fast I'm sure. ... "C'mon back, and talk to Teddy Bear."