Saturday, May 2, 2009

No Ferrari in F1?

Max puts the cap on F1 spending starting 2010. Ferrari doesn't like the cap and say's it will pull out. Max says no biggie, we can survive. WHAT? Why would Ferrari threaten to leave the racing world after it has made every season since the start? Ferrari makes F1 as far as I'm concerned and they aren't on my favorite to follow list. Not likely I will own or drive a Ferrari in my lifetime (or a McLaren but I do follow this team closely).

Just goes to show, when corporate executives make the calls, it's more often than not, STUPID. Both Max and Ferrari need to break open a jar of their grey poupon and have a sam'ich. Survival doesn't mean flourish. F1 is the king of "World" racing. That's the way it is. They do things we don't do in American racing. They do amazing things that make ugly cars very fast. Those ugly cars soon look pretty good.

Red cars are a requirement for all racing.

1 comment:

Ho said...

I guess telling Ferrari that they can only spend so much is like telling Ron Jeremy he can only put it half in. ... C'mon Ferrari, it wouldn't stop Ron.